Donor relationship manager Nordic donors
Do you want to work at World Vision and commit to sustainable improvements for vulnerable children? Do you enjoy coordination, donor engagement, networking and building our expertise on NORDIC donors (SIDA, DANIDA and NORAD)? Are you being energized by growing grants? In that case we are looking for you.
Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 35,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. World Vision collaborates with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
As a Partnership, World Vision intends to increase its portfolio of grant funding from these under-utilized sources, focusing primarily on Sweden (SIDA) but not to the exclusion of Norway (NORAD) and Denmark (DANIDA).
In this context, World Vision is recruiting a full time donor relationship manager, who will accompany this challenging but exciting process by providing adequate expertise. The position will be key for World Vision to become a key player for the Nordic donors and a trusted partner. While working under the respective line management of World Vision Netherlands, the donor relationship manager will work in close collaboration with the other World Vision offices and reports towards a steering committee.
Your place with us
The purpose of the donor relationship Manager role is to ensure consistency, coordination and coherence of World Vision’s engagement with the Nordic institutional donors. In so doing, WV expects to grow its collective portfolio of grants from these donors and to positively contribute to the wellbeing of children. Your expertise on these donors and coordination skills will be reflected in:
- Lead the implementation and facilitation of an internal account management mechanism: All World Vision offices, including field offices, are aligned and are implementing activities to reach the objective of growing our Nordic grants. You will also set goals for the portfolio, monitor the pipeline and disseminate information about upcoming opportunities.
- Donor engagement: you will build World Vision reputation with the Nordic donors and support country prepositioning plans.
- Quality enhancement and compliance: you will capacitate the World Vision Partnership, in particular Field Offices, in accessing and implementing quality Nordic funding.
You are an expert in Nordic donors (with a focus on SIDA) funding and you are able to share your skills and experiences with us. You have excellent representational and coordination skills, allowing you to bring together different stakeholders to achieve the envisioned objectives and ability to steer such processes. You also:
- Have at least five years of experience in a similar position. Experience in the field is an advantage.
- Hold a Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Have significant and proven experience in Nordic donor project acquisition, management and grant compliance procedures in the field and/or HQ.
- Are able to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork.
- Are available to travel to the Nordic countries and to the field (up to 30%), including fragile areas.
- Are experienced in capacity building, in particular field offices.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Nordic languages, in particular Swedish, is a strong asset.
- Subscribe to the Vision and Mission of World Vision. You recognize yourself in the core capabilities van World Vision.
What we offer
- A challenging but very demanding role within a large international organization, in which you can put your skills to full use and really make a difference.
- An informal and open work atmosphere, from our beautiful office located in Amersfoort, on walking distance of public transport.
- A gross monthly salary up to € 4.100, - based on fulltime employment.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work partly from home, also after the Covid 19 restrictions.
- A modern office, near Amersfoort Central station and the city center of Amersfoort.
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in our growing organization.
- An employment contract for one year with the possibility of extending.
- Commuting expenses (as soon as working at the office is possible. Currently all our employees work from home).
- Ability to travel frequently - the position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically (within Europe) and internationally (fragile contexts) up to 30% of the time.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter to Daisy Tiemes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions related to this position can be submitted before 29th March 2021 by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Monday 5th April 2021 at 17:00 CET.
The procedure contains at least two interviews, a test and a reference check.
Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy:
The safety of children and (young) adults is very important to World Vision. World Vision therefore does not accept any form of abuse. Safeguarding is a part of our recruitment procedures. Performing background checks is also part of our recruitment procedures. Working for World Vision means you have to provide us a recent certificate of conduct and 2 references. The references must comply with the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. This means that there will be a background check into possible Safeguarding incidents at former employers. More information about the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme can be found here.